WHAT IS PTSA?
PTSA stands for Parent Teacher Student Association. It is the oldest and largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the United States. CLICK HERE for more information on National PTA Member Benefits.
WHO BENEFITS FROM PTSA?
* PARENTS! PTSA serves as another connection point between parents and teachers as well as parents and administration. It also provides parents with relevant and valuable resources while giving them various opportunities to be engaged at the school.
* TEACHERS! PTSA serves as a venue to coordinate volunteers that help teachers with different events, activities, and projects, as well as providing several special events that show appreciation and honor all the teachers do.
* STUDENTS! PTSA serves as an encouragement to students by helping with Mark Events and other special events that reinforce and reward good grades and good behavior. PTSA sponsors events such as the Honor Roll Breakfasts throughout the year as well as the Back to School Dance.
* February: to all who helped with the 2nd 9 weeks honor roll breakfast. Masker Family McDonald's on Gause blvd donated sausage biscuits, and the wonderful cafeteria chefs made mini-king cakes. We also had yogurt for the kids and were able to give out 20 $5 gift cards thanks to donations from PTA parent supporters!!
* February: to those "brave" volunteers who helped at the Saga Dance!
* December: to all who helped with the Teacher's Christmas Breakfast! Some donated gifts, some brought food, some showed up to help cook, serve, and clean. We couldn't have done it without you!
* Masker Family McDonald's
* Paul Mitchell School in Slidell
* Guidry Physical Therapy Services
* David & Mary Boulboulle
* Stephen M Cambre, DDS
* IUL Risk Solutions
H. "Chip" Brockhaus
* Malinda Ray
* Scrub Stop
* Senator Sharon Hewitt, District 1
* Institute of College Funding
* BlueCross BlueShield
** NEW **
SLIDELL HIGH SCHOOL, #1 TIGER DR., SLIDELL, LA 70458 | SHS HOMEPAGE | 985-643-2992